Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Request for GB64v3 posting to Usenet

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

mortster

Request for GB64v3 posting to Usenet

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:21 am

Hi there !

I only stumbled upon the gamebase64 project by mistake a few days ago !

I had a 64 in the 80s for a number of years, before moving onto the Amiga, so some great memories to be found here for me ! (also my daughter is nearly three years old, and i'm hoping she will enjoy playing c64 games also!)

I have had the C64 tosec set for quite some time, so after finding gamebase 64 i decided to use the goodgb64 dat with clrmamepro to attempt to rebuild the gamebase collection, which it has actually succeeding in doing remarkably well ! I am missing about 2000 sets after the rebuild, but the problem is that I realise that I am also missing the version.nfo file from each set (for obvious reason!) and also some random games I have tried have been missing the odd .d64 file within the rom set etc.

So I wonder if anyone would be willing to post the entire v3 ISO's to usenet for me ? I believe alt.bin.emulators.misc is the normal group? I have had a good look on usenet (im with giganews) but i cannot find any gb64 ISOs.

Hope anyone can help ?

Si.
mortster

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:32 am

ok i have realised that i do not seem to require the version.nfo file, as it would seem that the information is already present within the gb64 database. I have about 2000 sets missing now (after clrmame scan) - so i dont suppose anyone could do me a usenet fill if i provide a fix-dat ?

Return to “The GB64 Website”