Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Random Games

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Te
Temp

Random Games

Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:22 am

Can you provide a link that displays 9 random games from the whole collection much like the GBC tab link displays 9 random games from a smaller subset.

Also, I suggest that the Advanced Search link be reachable from any page, not just from the GBC tab.

Thanks for listening.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:29 am

Why and why?
-J2010C-
Gu

Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:45 pm

Why #1: The database is so big, I think being able to browse games randomly would allow people to find interesting games that may otherwise have gone missed.

Why #2: I think the Advanced Search is very useful. Newcomers may not know about it since there's only Basic Search on the front page. How about a small link to the Advanced Search in there? Just a thought.

One may wonder why point #1 given availability of the Advanced Search. Despite all the options, the Advanced Search can result in a huge resultset. (Don't get me wrong, I like Advanced Search.) Another possibility is to have the Advanced Search return results "sorted randomly". What do you think?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:29 pm

GameBase was originally PC based and is more advanced as PC software, so go and download GameBase and the GB Collection database. Then you can do whatever you want: Super advanced searched with virtually unlimited parameters and random game selection.

Your suggestions may be good for the website, but there are hiher priorities, like getting the Articles section upgrades to match the new design.
-J2010C-
Te
Temp

Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:35 pm

OK!

Return to “The GB64 Website”