Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Some note on Elsa, italian game

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Rob Nicoletti
Cool Member
Cool Member

Some note on Elsa, italian game

Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:52 am

Elsa: http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=15865&d=18&h=0

Ihmo it doesn't belong to "selectable answer" genre.
In "selectable answer" you can choose between a limited amount of possibilities (generally from 3 to 5).
In elsa you have to match the right combination verbs/word or direction accordly to the internal submenu.
Such way is more similar to scumm's games, like Maniac Mansion and Zak McKraken. The main difference is that all the words and verbs you need are in an internal menu, and aren't constantly showed on main screen.
It isn't a good parser, it's hard to menage, but definitively isn't a "selectable answer" game.
Hope this help.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:01 pm

Since it isn't a "regular" text & graphics adventure, what genre would you suggest? How about "Adventure - Joystick Only," but it can be controlled by the keyboard too? I think the selectable answer genre is closer and most descriptive comared to the others available. What do you think?
-J2010C-
Rob Nicoletti
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:24 am

Maybe it's more an "Adventure - Click and Type" if not "Joystick Only", wasn't able to play the game through keyboard.

John, rather the open a new thread, or sending by email, i will post here the credits for "Moscow Summit". The coders are Sandro Certi & Franco Toldi (credits are in game also). Really i can't imagine why they did a german adventure.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:16 pm

Thanks. The reason credits like this get missed is that someone like me that doesn't speak German would not easily figure out that Sandro Certi & Franco Toldi were the programmers. This happens for some of the less common language games, since it is hard to determine if they mean musician, coder, graophics, producer, etc.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GB64 Website”