Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Forgotten Games

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

lizzo

Forgotten Games

Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:08 pm

If anyone could help me remember the names of some old gems... :roll:

one was a platform game, you had to get from the left to the right side of each screen. I remember very little of it, but the 2nd (?) level was called Hydrophobia, and you died if you touched the water.

One i'm sure was called the Lost Vikings, but i can't find it anywhere, You played a viking called Spike who had to rescue his friends from locked dungeons in a castle. I'm sure at one point you had to bribe a farmer with a PLoughman's Lunch!

A fantastic paint game on the C64, made by Activision i think. A bit like Logo, but way better.

A magicy game, i barely remember this, you had to use magic spells to change into things...at one point you went up into the clouds and there was stardusty stuff..ok, that's a long shot, i realise :wink:

Thanks for any help, cos i'm stuck!
Matt
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: Forgotten Games

Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:46 pm

lizzo wrote:One i'm sure was called the Lost Vikings, but i can't find it anywhere, You played a viking called Spike who had to rescue his friends from locked dungeons in a castle.
could be spikey in transylvania?
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:51 pm

lizzo wrote:A fantastic paint game on the C64, made by Activision i think. A bit like Logo, but way better.

Sounds like DESIGNER'S PENCIL to me, by Garry Kitchen and a fore-runner to GAMEMAKER. It had graphics commands for drawing like a turtle...
Gu

Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:46 pm

thanks already people, it definitely was the spike in transylvania you mentioned Matt, so ta! And designer's pencil sounds familiar, i'll look into it. Although thinking about it, that one might've been on amstrad rather than C64. Thanks again! :D
lizzo

Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:48 pm

soz, that was me but i forgot to log in :oops:

Return to “The GB64 Website”