Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Commodore 64 Games Written in Basic

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

-AxLe-

Commodore 64 Games Written in Basic

Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:34 pm

Hi All ! :D

I'm looking for any original Commodore 64 Games written in Basic. But ones that don't have words like, cracked by Mr. Z etc. Also, one by myself, called - " The Biz ", which is a City Bomber clone. Incidentally, it was a modified version ( which I cleaned up with some nice Graphics, designed on 3-in-1 by Anthony Crowther, with Music composed in Ubik's Music ) that appeared in Commodore Horizons way back in the 1980's ! :o It was originally sent to Commodore Disk User, but was rejected. It was under a group name - " Axle Productions ". Frank Gasking is also looking out for this one as well, thanks Frank ! :D

Also, I'm looking for any Anthony Crowther Basic Games that are in their original content. I found - " Baby Monty " whilst transferring Games from a PCW Program Tape a few years ago, this also appears in the GameBase 64 Website. I found a Loko Game by Crowther which appeared in Commodore Horizons too, but it has been modified. I wonder if Anthony Crowther has any of his Basic Programs on Disk anymore ? I wanted to do a feature of him on my Website, as I'm a fan of his work.

Thanks,

-AxLe-
... Loving and Supporting the Commodore 64 since 1983 ...
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:51 pm

Alex,
We had talked about this a few years ago, and your game is still in my "missing" list.

Baby Monty brings up an intersting question about PCW. According to what is in GameBase, PCW is "Popular Computing Weekly/Sunshine Publications Ltd.," but you have clear proof that PCW for this game was released on tape by "Personal Computer World/Century Publishing Co. Ltd." The question is, "Which of the 'PCW' games in GameBase are incorrect, and what is the relationship between these two PCWs?"
-J2010C-
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:15 pm

It's both. I believe I've got type-in books for both Personal AND Popular Computing Weekly here at home. Need to get in the loft and check them out at some point.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Skull2K

Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:48 am

Hi. BASIC is all I do. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. lol Probably bad. I never really learned assembly, though I should have. I did learn a VERY small amount about 5 years ago, which I used on 2 games, but then stopped using it and lost the small amount of knowledge gained. Oh, well.
Click on my sig to get to my BASIC games (under the C64 menu on the page).

Return to “The GB64 Website”