Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Bug report

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

BoozySmurf

Bug report

Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:53 am

Greetings.

I would like to report the following game:

Contract (CONTRACT_15630_01.zip)

It appears that the program is truncated at line 9030 (which itself is corrupted), bringing up a syntax error.

Here is the offending line:

9030 S=INT(RND(1)*10)+FODIM4

Thanks.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:55 pm

Thanks. Our "original" is corrupted too. If line 9030 could be truncated to
s=int(rnd(1)*10)+fo
and line 9040 added as
9040 return

Then the game would function just fine, but would still be missing some random elements, depending how many lines were lost.
-J2010C-
farang

Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:03 am

I took a look at this game and have now managed to fix the problem :D Just tell me if you want me to send the file to you...
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:24 pm

Have you patched it or was it mandatory to add a few more BASIC lines/commands?

If you think the fixed version behaves like the original game you can send it to our help email address.

/Michael
farang

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:05 pm

Have you patched it or was it mandatory to add a few more BASIC lines/commands?
No I have not patched the game or added anything. All the code was there from the begining, but the game was cruched/Packed and the decruncher was bugged so it didn't restore the basic pointers correctly.

I have not re-crunched the fixed version because I think it's better to leave it as it is so I can be 100% sure that it's not get currupted again. And also so people who wants to learn something are able to check the code. :)

EDIT: The fix have now been mailed to you...
BoozySmurf

Fix for 'Contract'

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:48 pm

farang wrote:I took a look at this game and have now managed to fix the problem :D Just tell me if you want me to send the file to you...
Just out of curiosity, farang, how did you fix it?
farang

Re: Fix for 'Contract'

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:07 pm

BoozySmurf wrote: Just out of curiosity, farang, how did you fix it?
With CCS64 and it's machine code monitor...
I patched the decruncher so it didn't run the game and then did I check the code if it was intact. Since I could see that the all the code was there, did I think that the decruncher might something to do with it. The program got truncated because the basic pointers (Memsiz $37-$38, Highest address used by basic) wasn't changed after the decrunching so the basic memory area was still limited to the length of the crunched program and not to the actual length... To avoid to cause same or other bugs did I not crunch the fixed version. (Since all crunchers not are suitable for basic code)

I have sent the fixed version to Mike so he will probably add it to the GBC when he got time...

Return to “The GB64 Website”