Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Bug Report (Mindshadow)

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

farang

Bug Report (Mindshadow)

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:57 pm

You might know this already but both the tape and disk versions of Mindshadow in the GB64 are faulty. :(

The tape version: MINDSHDW_04846_02.zip
BUG: None of the objects in the game are visible. ex. The Shell at the Beach.

The disk version: MINDSHA0_04847_01.zip
BUG: The game crash at the end of part 1. Where the captain and his ship should appear...

The tape version is not much to do about since it is a frozen version .

BUT since Mindshadow was one of my favourite adventures back in the 80's Had I decided to finish the game once for all. I tried for a long time to find a working version. In the early 90's did a friend get in touch with a man who had the disk version. It was a man in Germany who was going to make a ultimate C-64 Collection CD and he sent us the disks. But they didn't work. This is the same version that is in the gamebase. A few months ago when my Internet connection was down did I start to play with the CCS 64 again and felt to play this game again. I had collected all the Mindshadow versions I could find from different sources on the net before. So I started to check if any of them I had on my harddrive was working. First did I found 4-5 versions but they where all crashing at the same poin. I was close to give up the task to complete this adventure once for all. I saved one of the sets I had for reference just in case... A few days later when I was looking for another thing on my harddrive did I find an differnt versin I hadn't seen before. This d64 had a date stamp of 1985! (I thought this was odd and had to try this version too) but unfourtantly this one turned out to be even more currupt then the others. Now was I'm sure that I never would see the end of this adventure game but then I got an idea I had to try. By comparing the two versions did I found out that on the common available versions was six sectors of the disc currupt (completly zeroed).
I was lucky!!! On the other version where these sectors intact and it where possible to reconstruct the game by combining the two versions and make a 100% percent working version :)

So a while ago did made a fixed version of this game including maps and walkthru.

So if you are interested to get that one just let me know...
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:02 pm

=> help*gb64.com (replace * with @)

Thanks,
Michael

8)
farang

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:10 pm

Fine. I send it to you now. I changed the filename to MINDSHA0_04847_02.zip . The walkthru and map is included as some nice ascii work (I wanted to keep them short and I also didn't want to ruin the original spirit by including them as some fance pdf's or graphical maps. :)
cr
crw64

Tape version

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:39 am

I have originals for both the tape and the disk version. In fact I have a completely working TAP of the tape version I made, which I will send to you guys too...
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:28 pm

We really appreciate copies of original programs. Please mail us both versions when possible!

Thanks,
Michael

Return to “The GB64 Website”