Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Granny's Garden

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Granny's Garden

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:41 pm

:? I downloaded and tested Granny's Garden from your site
and have found it to be bugged.

The menu loads after the title screen, and you press "1" to play
Part 1 and it freezes on the message "Please Wait...Loading".

I've tried setting my C64 Emulator to a speed of 1000%, and waited
at least 30 minutes and it still failed to get past the above screen.

Therefore I believe this game is bugged.
Zeo3

Granny's Garden

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:48 pm

:? I posted the original message, but the system failed to log me on
so hence this message appearing immediately afterwards.
So please send all info relating to this topic to me.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:57 pm

Have some faith in the quality of the GameBase games! You are obviously not using the GB frontend, since if you were, you would never have run into this problem. This game requires "load normal" in CCS64 or "True drive emulation" in VICE. I have requested that the web pages show when a game requires TDE in the future.
-J2010C-
Zeo3

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:35 pm

:? :( I've downloaded and installed the GB Frontend. Now how am I supposed to use it to play Granny's Garden. I have tried a few things, but are unsure on how the GB Frontend works. I think it needs a manual. I still believe the game is bugged, because all other games I've downloaded from here and other sites work well in CCS64. I also am using the latest version of CCS64 to date, so it's not because I'm using an old emulator.
The only game I've ever had problems with is Granny's Garden, and if I can't get it to work, then I'll have no choice to delete it and forget it.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:19 am

Please read the ENTIRE message before responding. You must use "Load Normal" in CCS64 for many, many games, including Granny's Garden. You might try using the GameBase Help->Getting Started. I know it's not called a manual, but believe it or not, it is one... unfortunately you'll have to actually read it. It is a little complicated to set up all the paths and files, but I think it's worth it.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GB64 Website”