Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Add a "Comments" section to each game in the datab

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

osgorth

Add a "Comments" section to each game in the datab

Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:13 pm

I was thinking it might be an excellent idea to be able to post comments on entries in the GBC. This would be a perfect way to catch bugs and other issues as people play through the games. If you add these comments to a database, categorized in a smart way, it would be a single 'select' to grab new bug entries and other things for the admin staff.

All in all, I think this would go a long way towards making the GBC web site a more "living document".

While I'm at it, I also think you should add an entry telling if you have the original disk or tape image in the collection or not - this would be quite useful, especially for somebody like me who is about to start archiving all the stuff I have. Refer to World of Spectrum for instance, and their TZX/STP projects, which are truly excellent. This is exactly what the C64 community needs, I think. :)

While looking at WoS, it would be nice to be able to link in magazine reviews of games to the web site, docs and other infos if available, cover scans, alternate versions and such (reissues, compilations etc.)
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:49 am

A utopian idea, but user comments would not work very well for us. We have a hard enough time keeping up with the forum and help emails. We verify corrections before adding them officially, and allowing users to add bug comments creates a lot of work that usually (from experience) is a big waste of time (for example, lots of people continue to tell us that games are bugged or don't work because they don't know what True Drive Emulation is).

The Original Tape/Disk idea is a good one. That should be added with True Drive and VICE True Drive on the Web page. The GameBase Collection running on the PC frontend already has 2-out-of-3 of those capabilities.
-J2010C-
pweighill
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:40 pm

Could always have a comments link against each game which starts a new topic in the forums.

Return to “The GB64 Website”