Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Snes Gamebase

Discuss the SNES database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, daveee65

CrAckViLLaN

Snes Gamebase

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Please can anyone tell me where i can find Snes Gamebase as i have looked everywhere and cannot find a working link.

Thanks
Demon Cleaner

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 am

Have a look at Underground Gamer.
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:45 pm

The one up on UG is mine. It is a US SNES gamebase based off of Retroplay's "Super Gamebase". (with some heavy modification)

You can get it here.

http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=33791
Retrofox

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm looking for the SNES GB too. but I haven't an UG account. Can someone please send me a invite for UG ? That would be great :wink:
oldstyler

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:26 am

Since i can't use Torrents atm ( due ISP Limitations ) i don't care much about it.
But one thing i dont undertsand :
Why put Torrents into ( Private ) Forums others can't acces without registration. Not to talk about the fact that registration at UG isn't that easy because of that funny :

"We have reached our maximum user limit. Accounts are being pruned all the time so please check back soon (no hammering)."

No offence, but i always thought torrents are used to spread stuff as wide and fast as you can.

If you want to read some funny comments just type in UG Adress at bugmenot and read :-)
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:37 am

I put my torrents up on a private site because they will survive there. If they were on a public tracker they would die a quick death from "hit and runners". And DDL sites are OK for the short term but most delete files after a set amount of time. If anyone want to host these files somewhere else feel free. I don't mind at all.

And if someone really wants into UG they will find a way in. Either thru an invite or just by continualy trying to sign up (old accounts are deleted every 26min). :wink:
oldstyler

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:14 am

[quote="user42"]I put my torrents up on a private site because they will survive there. If they were on a public tracker they would die a quick death from "hit and runners"

Ah, ok that makes sence to me. As i told i can't use torrents atm ( but im already planning isp switching ) so i don't know much about how it works. I thought if you release something to Torrent it will be always there. But ... yeah, i was wrong i guess. As it'S not stored on a central server but on user discs if i understand it in the right way.
Btw , User 42. I just built me a nice No Intro set of my good collection for your SNES GB and its just awesome. Very good stuff you provide :-)
You must have spent a lot of time with building it.
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:44 pm

@ Retrofox :

If you still need an Invite for UG, just pm me your e-mail :wink:
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 pm

I grabbed the SNES USA gamebase off UG, but when I try to run a game, I get "There is no script for this emulator".
I keep all my emulators on a separate partition, and I noticed when copying the emulators folder over that the bsnes_v037a and snes9x-1.51-win32 folders are empty. I also noticed that the scripts folder is also empty.
Am I missing something?
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Underground Gamer rules state that emulators and roms should not be included in the same torrent. Hence you need to download the emulators seperatly and install them in the correct place. If you use the same dir structure as me you shouldn't have to configure anything else. If you have the defualt GB install dir you will need to set up the emu properties in GB. (this is covered in the torrent description). 8)
DocBadwrench

Thu May 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Am I missing something, here? I'm wracking my brain trying to find the database file that allows me to link my ROMS to the Gamebase frontend.

Thanks in advance.
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri May 22, 2009 1:29 am

DocBadwrench wrote:Am I missing something, here? I'm wracking my brain trying to find the database file that allows me to link my ROMS to the Gamebase frontend.

Thanks in advance.
Did you download the SNES GB from UndergroundGamer? (Link above)
Nekto

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

user42 wrote:Underground Gamer rules state that emulators and roms should not be included in the same torrent.
This strange rule can be bypassed on practice for Gamebase if you will not tell directly in desciption that the torrent includes an emulator. Emulator for Gamebase is important part and because scripts are for concrete version of emulator so it's always better to include one.
fifacoins07

utilize empire handling to build

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:53 am

You could utilize empire handling to build funds.

Return to “Nintendo SNES - GameBaseSNES”