Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

SuperNESBase

Discuss the SNES database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, daveee65

taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi Dax

I generally don't use that emulator but added it to accommodate most users tastes.

But I'll take a look.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 am

Understood. Bsnes and Higan does not load games. Used bsnes v0.65 which works, but newer for sure would be better :)
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:06 pm

After reading a post on this forum I know Higan will not work but I have tested bsnes 0.91 (both 64 and 32 bit) and they seem load OK on my system, although they are a bit choppy when running (this could be due to the limitations of my system (old laptop))

The only game I had an issue with was Super Road Blasters which needs a certain version of bsnes to run. I have since found version 0.70 which runs it and pretty much everything else that I have thrown at it, with better sound quality. (I will include it into the next update).

So as for your issue with version 0.91 I'm not sure.

Does anyone else have issues with the bsnes emulator?
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 pm

From my investigation, config must point to the place, where Higan "repacks" original roms. Directory MUST exist before run Higan (or need Admin permissions to create such directory). Or remove path from config file completelly, but Higan will add it as Location:C:/Users/<username>/Emulation/ . File: settings.bml. It solved, but waste of space :)
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:29 am

Had a look around and actually found a copy of Higan (0.93) and it seems to work a treat. It works with command line so no need to mess about with config files. It also runs much smoother than Bsnes 0.91.
I will include it in the next update.

EDIT:

Just found Higan 1.01, which works so will include this as well.
taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks to .mad. I think I may have solved the Higan / Bsnes issues with GameBase.

It turns out that Higan / Bsnes need the actual firmware roms packed with the games to run them otherwise you get a 'No cart detected' error. I have ploughed through the rom set and added all the extra firmware roms to the 7zip archives (that require them, usually DSP and C4 roms) and this seems to have solved the issue.

I managed to find a list of snes games that required certain firmware roms on the internet (link: https://www.caitsith2.com/snes/dsp/) but this may not be exhaustive so if anyone knows of any games that require these roms please PM me.

The new version will be available soon. Just finishing of some bits n bobs before I release an update.
wanted9fr

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks for the update
taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi everyone.

The latest version is up and I have updated the link to the full system in the original post. Now using Mega instead of GoogleDrive.

For those who just require an update please use the following link:

https://mega.nz/#!GZI2GYxB!KGPEq4gbv5PE ... lwQJNxJ36I

I have sorted some of the missing extras and added some more Homebrew and PD games. Plus there are some replacement games with the required firmware roms so that they work with Higan. Please note that I have added BSnes 0.7.0 this version runs Super Road Blaster and is one of the only emulators to do so.

Enjoy :D
Last edited by taulore on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RetroRam3

Re: SuperNESBase

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Thx for your awesome work :D
*klick*
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 pm

With that last update there's no mdb file?

Any reason?

Paul..
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Paul - Just PM'ed you with the link.

I have also updated the link to the update files for which I have added the missing .MDB file.

My apologies to everyone. This was an oversight on my behalf, but you should be all good now.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 am

Thank you kindly, just having a play with the new one, as said privately I'm really impressed with the depth you are going, even including still not found proto's or ones that are in collectors hands only.

And to claim to be "not really a Snes person" makes it even better...

Thank you...

PS, not looked but it just sprang to mind that there's a real final of Star Fox 2 recently dumped from the Mini Snes, is that on the DB?

Paul..
-------
taulore
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am

@Paul Irvine

Thanks for the praise, I really appreciate it.

As for Star Fox 2, Snes Classic rom it should be in the next update. :)
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 am

Good to know :)

Thank you...
-------
Taulore73

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi All

It's been a while and I have had to register as another user as my old password wouldn't work. Not sure what happened there.

But here is an update for SuperNESBase.

https://mega.nz/folder/GZw1mYhA#abrqeNyqiv92pg1xjBfPNw

Enjoy :D

Return to “Nintendo SNES - GameBaseSNES”