Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Please help searching for old game

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

yashin

Please help searching for old game

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Please help,
I have gone out of my mind trying to find a game, the title I can not remember, after going through several databases I still can not put a a name to the game.

Basically it featured world war 2, you would pick several men with various abilities to go your mission with you, such as a sapper, electrician, mechanice, sniper, etc...

You had to infiltrate a german base and escape with some plans or blow something up. Something to do with starting a truck as well.

It was a type in game as far as I was aware and you had an overhead view of the compound and surrounding area. Maybe a joystick would move you a square up or down but any actions were to be entered in the keyboard.

Any suggestions would be more than fantastic.

Thanks
farang

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:50 pm

I remember that game! Me and my friend used to play that game a lot about 25 years ago...

The name of the game is Special Operations (Amazing that I still remember the title :o)

A more familiar snapshot can be found at Lemon 64
yashin

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:28 am

Incredible, nice one.

I would never had remembered that title, I've been through the database on Lemon as well. All memories have just come back. It was tricky.

You're a star, I've now downloaded the game and I'll be trying it out in the next few days.

If you interested this is where I got the download:

http://www.download-full-games.com/c64/ ... tions.html

Tried looking for a walkthrough or some hints as I'm sure my talents have depreciated since I last played it all those years ago. But no joy, it's going to be a long slog. Still can't complain.

Thanks again
farang

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:56 pm

I tried to find something about this game and I found some instructions for the ZX Spectrum version.

The instructions have an Addendum for the C64 so there are probably everything there you need to get started.

:arrow: Spec. Ops Instructions

Return to “The GB64 Website”