Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Which was the best and greatest VIC-20 Games ever made?

Discuss the Commodore VIC20 database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

MaxiDeal

Which was the best and greatest VIC-20 Games ever made?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 am

Which was the best and greatest VIC-20 Games ever made? :D
gklinger

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 am

Omega Race.
Call me Golan; my parents did.
don8life

Only remember two games!

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:32 am

Vic20 was our first computer when I was a kid. I only remember the name of one game. Came on a cassette - Young Arthur's Quest. I think that's what it was called. It was a text adventure. I loved those things! Still do!

I do remember playing another game. No clue what it was called. My Dad use to go to this computer club/class/something and they would type in the program for whatever they were doing that week. I never went with him, so really don't know how it all worked. Only thing I was ever able to do was make a word or sentence print on the screen and have it repeat!

Anyway, you were a worm or caterpillar or something, I vaguely remember the body being a line of filled in circles. You moved around the screen eating something....apples maybe? Anyway, one color would be good, another color was bad (don't remember what happened!). I do remember we had our Vic20 hooked up to a B&W TV, so that made the game VERY challenging! One time my Dad hooked it up to our color TV and we actually could see what we were suppose to eat. So fun!

I am sure there were other games I played, but those two are the only ones I can remember!
pacogroup

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 am

I remember a few games from a company called Nufekop (poke FUN backwards). Never could copy them even though they were just load and run from tape. Only when we tried a tape to tape stereo deck did it work :)

Vikman stands out as one of them, oh the days of 22 characters across.
BeLucid

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:04 am

Gorf. Definitely Gorf!

Return to “Commodore Vic20 - GameBaseVIC20”