Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GB databases running on an arcade cab (update: it works!)

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Jimbo
GB64 Team

GB databases running on an arcade cab (update: it works!)

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 pm

A little project of mine for those that are interested...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=98108.0

James
Last edited by Jimbo on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:44 am

OK I've got it to work :) (with all GameBase databases)!

Firstly there'll be a new version of GameBase that can export the current view to a RomLister XML format. You can then import this into RomLister to generate your game lists for your favourite arcade cab frontend (yes, Maximus included!). The export function will also optionally convert your screenshots into the right format for those frontends (single folder, renamed files).

The other part is a GBLauncher app, that will take the GB database and game ID (and optional emulator choice) via command line and pass it through silently to GameBase's backend to run the game (using GEMUS), so its exactly like running the game through GameBase. GBLauncher can optionally wait for the game to finish before quitting too.

I had GB64 and GameBase Amiga up and running on my cab last night, and it rocks :)

I'll be ennouncing a new beta soon for those that want to try it.

Cheers
James
davo

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:31 am

Excellent timing Jimbo!

I will be starting a project to make my own cab early in the new year. I was planning on using maximus too!
tspeirs

Re: GB databases running on an arcade cab (update: it works!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Jimbo,

You might want to take a look at my post about GameEx. Its got plug and play full integration with GameBase now thanks to your latest version with GBLAuncher. It seems you like Maximus but your welcome to a GameEx license if you contact me.

Thanks a lot.
Tom.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”