Gamebase 64 Forum

RegisterRegister Log inLog in

Gamebase 1.3: 7-zip failed to unpack archive!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minamoto kobayashi

GB64-Points: 36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... after MANY hours of trying everything, I have discovered that the frontend and the database must be installed in c:\unit! Any other units return the same 7zip error! In unit c:\ I have created a folder named PROGS and inside it a folder called Gamebase. I have put EXTRAS, SIDS, GAMES and SCREENSHOTS in another unit, and everything now works fine!
Thanks anyway for the help ! icon_wink.gif

Only the last question: in 1.2 version the Longplay files runs directly thru a Mediaplayer, because they was in .avi format.
Gamebase 1.3 search for the same files in .RAR format, and I think that this is very stupid and useless, because the size is almost the same, and when I select a longplay, the program open the file thru a WinRAR window, but not run it. Then I must doubleclick the .avi longplay file inside the archive and finally the video play thru window mediaplayer. There is a possibility to simplify the procedure?

Cheers.

Richard.
minamoto kobayashi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved also the second problem. I have created for each supported game a new extras menu called "Longplay" (I have deleted any preconfigured one), and pointed directly to the each uncompressed .avi file ... icon_wink.gif
minamoto kobayashi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a new completed version of Gamebase 64 with everything needed ready preconfigured (emus, players, sids, games, extras, screenshots, longplays and so on). This version doesn't need any kind of installation. It's enough to depack the archive to c:\ and doubleclick a register key ... all done! The emulator is ready to work at his best! I wish to know if I can post it in a dedicated newsgroup and/or any service hosting like Megaupload, Hotfile, Fileserve, and post the link directly here, without broke any rule, copyright or netiquette.
Please let me know.

Richard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    -= GB64 Forum =- Forum Index -> GB64 Help! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
Cannot post new topics
Cannot reply to topics
Cannot edit your posts
Cannot delete your posts
Cannot vote in polls in this forum