Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBaseAMY v0.1a released

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

GameBaseAMY v0.1a released

Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:11 am

The first version of GameBaseAMY is finally ready after many many months of delays. It is a very basic release in that it contains only minimal game information, script and config files. There are no screenshots, music or extras at this stage. However it does contain 3921 games spread over 5765 disks. Use the links below to grab it and tinker away. I encourage everyone to make whatever comment they feel appropriate, good or bad. Enjoy.

[EDIT: Links removed. See GBA v0.1c thread for new links]

Some poeple may have noticed a little 'a' on the end of the Datafile. Yes it's been changed already. I jumped the gun and released, then hit a brick wall which I had to work around. Hence the very slightly updated Datafile.

The only difference is that each disk is counted as a set rather than each game. Means there are 5765 sets now instead of 3921. Still only 3921 games though. I'll sort it out in a later version. :oops:

I am going away, for work, again tomorrow. I can get e-mail and internet connection occasions so I will be keeping myself posted on everyones thoughts. However no fixes will be done till I get back. Hopefully only a week this time :(
Last edited by Runey on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gu
Guest 123

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:14 am

Woo-hoo! Thanks a lot! It's something i've been looking forward to for a long time. Is the collection going to be posted on usenet?
Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:26 am

I'm sure someone will post it.

There are places around where you can these files, but this is not the place to discuss it :) Try hanging around some IRC chatrooms

But if you already have some ADF's just run them through ClrMamePro with the supplied datafile to rebuild them into the GBA version.

Also check out the new post. GBA v0.1b released. Splits commercial and public domain and also used a better datafile as my basis. Improved the initial database considerably.
Gu
Guest 123

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:15 pm

Okay. I've got a full TOSEC set so it shouldn't be too difficult to put together. Have you been using any of the CAPS releases at all?
Gu

Things to do

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:25 pm

Runey wrote:I'm sure someone will post it.
I gotta run right now, but I will definatly look into it later - Hold that thought!

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”