Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Problems with zipped files

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

bigroy

Problems with zipped files

Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:28 am

Hi I'm probably missing something obvious!
I'm trying to add a bunch of SNES smc files that are in separate zip files.
I can add the smc file no trouble, but when I try to add the corresponding zipped file I get an error in the Archive Status: "There was an error reading from the file or the file does not conform to the standard."
I used winrar to create the zips in batch mode

Can anyone help?
Gu

Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:28 pm

Just a follow-on to previous post
Have read all thru the GB64 help! thread and http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=269 seems to refer to the same problem. That solution doesnt seem to work for me tho (wheres the GBgame folder?)
I have tried using winzip and easyzip to create the zip files and havevirus-scanned everything -- Still no joy !
Wondered if its something to do with long filenames or timestamps?
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:45 pm

If you are using GameBase for the SNES, maybe this should have been posted in the SNES section? :?
bigroy

Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:27 pm

Sorry - I thought I had made that clear, there's no problem with the rom file itself. Its the use of the zip compression that seems to be giving Gamebase a problem.
I could be wrong - but I dont think the problem is SNES specific
(see http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=269)
Thanx
bigroy

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:22 am

I've found a work-around to the problem with zip files by adding "zip" to the list of default emulator filetypes
i.e. sfc;smc;swc;fig;048;058;078;1;zip
(the above are the default SNES filetypes but it should work with any filetypes)
Not really sure why/how this works but what the heck!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59 am

This is a known bug. Just delete the C:\GBGame folder and the problem goes away. There are a few things that can cause it to reappear.
-J2010C-
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

argh

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 pm

It is a long time since this reared its ugly head for me, but after running one game on one gamebase, then another game on a second gamebase, and then went back to the original gamebase... the game that worked - stopped working.
A very old bug indeed.....

J2003C wrote:This is a known bug. Just delete the C:\GBGame folder and the problem goes away. There are a few things that can cause it to reappear.

Return to “GB64 Help!”