Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

You will soon be the stars on bu22.com!

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Jimbo
GB64 Team

You will soon be the stars on bu22.com!

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm totally-rewriting bu22.com (while waiting for GB v1.3 to be finalised). The homepage's main attraction will be a searchable/filterable list of current "GameBases". The frontend will be a small part on the page, probably on the right, saying something like "You need this to run these GameBases:"

You'll have an admin system where once logged in you'll be able to manage all your existing GameBases, and add new ones. Each GameBase will have the following editable fields: -
  • Name
  • Gfx (upload the DB pic from GB's about screen)
  • Version
  • Summary/Description
  • Author(s) (incl. avatar icons)
  • Project URL
  • Type (e.g. Games)
  • Sub-Type (e.g. Consoles)
  • System Make (e.g. Commodore)
  • System Model (e.g. Amiga)
  • Num Games
  • Num Playable Games
  • Num Games with Music
  • Num Games with Extras
  • Num Games with Screenshots
  • Status (finished, abandoned, WIP, etc.)
  • When created
  • When last updated
  • Links (as many as you want, pointing to downloads, etc)
  • User ratings/comments (moderated by the DB authors)
If any of you can think of other info that would be good to provide per DB, please post to this thread. Also, if you can recommend a good list of "Statuses" that could be used, that would be good.

When adding a database and the Type/SubType/SystemMake/Model are not currently existing, there will be an "Other" option, so you'll have to choose that, and enter in a textbox what categories you suggest I add/place the db in.

Hope all this sounds groovy! :)
James
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Sounds pretty cool.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm close to getting the admin pages live for the new bu22.com so you can soon start to enter your gamebases into it. I've gotten a good list of Video Game Consoles from wikipedia, but does anyone know of a good place that has a comprehensive list of old computers (c64, amiga, speccy, tandy, cpc464, etc) that I can use for people to choose what "system" their gamebase is about? I couldn't find a good reference for that on wikipedia.

Thanks
James
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Maybe you can use the list of systems that can be emulated with MESS.
You can also use the list of the Old Computer Museum.
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_home_computers

I know you've checked wikipedia but this isn't a bad list, also have you checked out darkwatchers console site, that's a useful site.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Some good usable links here, thanks!
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Quick update: I'm adding a wiki to bu22.com for the (updated) GameBase frontend documentation.

I'll have a section on there for GEMUS scripts too, so hopefully we'll start to have a central library of scripts for everyone to use.

Not sure whether the wiki should be publicly editable or not... maybe edits should only be made by those who explicitly ask...
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:01 am

Jimbo wrote: Not sure whether the wiki should be publicly editable or not... maybe edits should only be made by those who explicitly ask...
I'd say that's the best route otherwise we could have a set of scripts totally broken. Possibly have a script test page / area but only those confirmed as aok should be passed to you to put on the Wiki...
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Can all those who want a login to the admin area of bu22.com (to enter info about your gamebases so they can be found on the site) please PM me with what you want your name to be when displayed on the site, and I'll send you login details.

You'll also need a 64x64 PNG graphic (max 32k) for your avatar.

EDIT: Please also let me know your email address in the PM!
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 pm

I've created a wiki for the new bu22.com. You can see it here: -

http://www.bu22.com/wiki

I'm gradually filling it with content. If anyone has any ideas for sections I've missed, or fancies helping out with some content/docs, let me know and I'll setup a login for you.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”