Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Sega Megadrive GB

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sega Megadrive GB

Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:52 pm

ok here's the megadrive/genesis/32x gb i've spent a few years creating, for the moment it's the gb only, simply unrar into your gamebase folder

http://rapidshare.com/files/157221698/S ... e.rar.html

screenshots and extras will be uploaded soon, unfortunately i won't be uploading the romset, as it's size is well in excess of a gig or two but i'm sure you'll be able to get hold of the goodgen set easily enough

btw, please don't laugh at the piss poor splash screen, if anyone can create a decent splash like the gb gen one that was posted a while back feel free to do so

i'm also getting close to finishing my gba gb too, will probably take another few months..... or years :lol:
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:49 pm

here's the extras, emulators, screenshots and 32x bios files

http://rapidshare.com/files/157232332/The_Rest.rar
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:48 am

This is fantastic! But I have a problem. I do have the goodgen, which I have just unzipped, and there were lots of 7zip files, which I also extracted, to get the .gen and .32x files. There are now a total of 5,871 files, at 7.51GB. I'm sure the next step must be to re-zip them individually into their own .zip files, keeping their original names, but I'm sure these aren't all necessary for your gamebase to work. Do you have a .dat file that I can use to sort out the duplicate roms, and just keep the roms I need?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:47 am

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

:cry:

please can you upload to Z-Share.net
for unlimited downloads.
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:41 pm

I must have been one of the first 10 downloaders then.
I have uploaded the file to SendSpace for you.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm

sorry about that, it's the first time i've ever used my rapidshare account for uploading, i'll get it sorted asap

ok, try this: http://rapidshare.com/users/S8NNFM

not sure if it'll last over the 10 download limit tho, because normally i only use rs for downloads and i'm pretty clueless in the other aspects
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:25 pm

oknihcap wrote:This is fantastic! But I have a problem. I do have the goodgen, which I have just unzipped, and there were lots of 7zip files, which I also extracted, to get the .gen and .32x files. There are now a total of 5,871 files, at 7.51GB. I'm sure the next step must be to re-zip them individually into their own .zip files, keeping their original names, but I'm sure these aren't all necessary for your gamebase to work. Do you have a .dat file that I can use to sort out the duplicate roms, and just keep the roms I need?
sorry i don't have a dat file or the know-how of how to go about creating one, i've never heard of megadrive roms having .gen extensions tho only .bin or .smd
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

thanks

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:42 pm

thanks both of you! :D

all being well,
i will make a batch file for the goodset tomorrow.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:50 am

How, then, can people know what roms to use? You mentioned getting the goodgen set. That is what I used: GoodGen v3.00 (5871 of 5871 known Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X ROMS). And how can people actually set up the gamebase if the roms aren't named correctly? I'm confused. All the other gamebases I have installed either came with the romset, or at least a dat for file renaming. I don't understand what roms to use if not the Goodgen 3.00. I can't imagine needing every last rom, because so many of them are just duplicates with different names (!, J,U, etc.). And that's over 7GB. Can anybody else help?
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:58 am

Hi SexyWayne..

Nice job on the db, only thing you have not posted is the music, anychnace of that or a pointer to the set used?

Thanks..

OK, and an open question to peeps in here, Wayne has referenced directly to an unpacked file for the roms, is there an easy way to point them at the zip file rather than a .smd etc as that I presume would solve 99% of any naming problems people have.

I was hoping to just do a search and replace and pointing it to .smd .bin .gen etc and just swap it for zip so I can use all the nice zips I have.

Anyone...
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Just tried a search and replace with Wordpad and although it did what I wanted it corrupted the database and refused to run...
-------
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:30 pm

@paul, there's no music in the gb iirc

as for the goodgen questions iirc i think it was a earlier version of goodgen i used, all i did was simply unzip the complete romset, no renaming was done by myself, if the goodgen people have decided to change rom names and extentions it's hardly something i can control is it?? :roll:

like i said i started this gb in 2005, and the other gb's you've downloaded hardly came with 1.2 gb of roms did they? i did this in my spare time and originally did it for myself, i'm a gamer, i've said before i've no idea how to create a dat-file, but if someone can point me in the right direction of creating a dat of my roms folder i'll give it a try

ok i've made a clrmamepro dat, get it from the link i posted above, i've tested it on a few roms, renamed them and changed the extentions it seems to work ok
Last edited by SexyWayne on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Ah, no probs re the music, just spotted a music path that was filled in when changing the paths :)

Well, as for the db, I've stuffed it into Access and altered it to read files as zips, just checking now to see what roms it will pick up as mine are goodgen v3 named.

Fingers crossed it will work fine and then people can just point it to their zipped roms and not have to worry about extensions.
-------
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm

i've made a clrmamepro dat, links in above post, seems to work on all the roms i tested it with
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:05 pm

as promised here is the Batch file to copy the correct files.
works just like the SNES one.

bugged filenames
(removed link)

all files renamed to the GOODGEN set.

ENJOY! 8)
Last edited by .mad. on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”