Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Acorn GameBase avilable

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Wo
Wocki

Acorn GameBase avilable

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:45 am

Hi all,

I've created a GameBase for Acorn games. Since there are not so many games for this computer and I just started the gamebase currently contains entries for 16 full games and 24 gamedemos. Not so much at the moment, but I try to increase it as often as possible.

The gamebase files can be downloaded here

http://acorn.revivalteam.de?site=ArcGB

Maybe someone else is active in Acorn gaming and would like to help filling up this gamebase.
Every comment or hint for this gamebase is welcome.

Wocki
sjakie43
Cool Member
Cool Member

ArcGB

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:02 pm

:D Very nice work!

please continue! :P

regards
Sjakie43

Demobase Creator

C64 Maxi with Vic20 mode :shock:
THEVIC20 with C64 mode :?

and more....
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:02 am

You might want to post about this at Stairway To Hell forum as its quite an active place and you might get some help.
www.lemon64.com - The world best C64 site!
Wo
Wocki

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:42 am

LeeT wrote:You might want to post about this at Stairway To Hell forum as its quite an active place and you might get some help.
Thank you for that hint. But I think they are more about the BBC. ArcGB contains the newer games starting at the Archimedes.
I'll try it!
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:16 pm

I've made a very slight mod to wocki's ArcGB,if some of the demos listed in the Gamebase have a full version in TOSEC then I have replaced the files (So some games which were only previously demo versions are now the full games).

Also the Archive is complete (ie the games are all present so you don't need to download them individually from Wocki's excellent site).

Grab it here from Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/127660118/W ... _.rar.html

Note:I've only just PM Wocki with this link, if he object's I will remove the above.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 am

I've downloaded and installed Sut's mod of the Archimedes, but I can't seem to get any games going. I've checked all the paths, and they are fine. All the screenshots work. But when I click on a game, the emulator starts up but doesn't play the game. It just gets stuck as if it's loading the game but nothing actually happens. In Arculator, a small window opens behind the emulator that says waiting for the emulator to close, with a button that says "stop waiting". If I click it, the small window goes away, but the main emulator still remains the same. By the way, I'm running XP. Any ideas on what is going wrong?
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi,

ArcGB unfortunately at the moment doesn't self-boot games. When the archimedes desktop appears double click drive 0 (bottom left), this in turn will open a window with the game icon. Double click the icon and away you go. ArcGb does mount the disk images automatically.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for the info, sut. I got it working now. Much appreciated.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Sut,

Arculator works but the other emulator does nothing at all.

Well if you are quick you see a dos box open for the rpcemucaller but after that nothing?

The binaries for the emu work on their own tho as a stand alone emu.

Any idea's please.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:00 pm

I have not been able to get the other emulator running, either. I thought it was just me.
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:56 am

Yes the script seems incomplete just need to add
Run_Emulator()
to the bottom of the script & the emulator will boot.

Do note though that the RPCEmu emulates a Acorn RiscPC not all Archimedes software was compatible.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 am

sut wrote:Yes the script seems incomplete just need to add
Run_Emulator()
to the bottom of the script & the emulator will boot.

Do note though that the RPCEmu emulates a Acorn RiscPC not all Archimedes software was compatible.
Cheers Sut...

Greeting from a miserable London, bet it's not much better up your way (betting cloudy with rain)

:)
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Arculator 0.99 is out and it works like a champ with this GameBase.
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 am

Cool, If we could only get hold of more disk images for the archimedes (loads are missing from the TOSEC set). I want to see Fire & Ice, Sensible Soccer, Xenon 2 & Lotus 2 running on a Archimedes :(
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:52 am

XENON 2

According to a website i found....
Eclipse never actually finished porting this game!
Unfortunately only the first level of the game has been fully implemented - later levels are completely empty at points, sometimes for as long as 30 seconds.
here is the 1 level demo for you to try anyway. :wink:
http://acorn.revivalteam.de/Download/Im ... emos09.zip

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”