Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase projects in development

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Gamebase projects in development

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:05 am

Can we use this thread for Gamebase developers to leave info on Gamebase projects that are currently in a state of development / revision? Always nice to have an insight of what's around the corner so as to wet the lips :)

I'll start with GB TI99 which is currently in revision for a new version, I know there is other people out there doing stuff like .mad., hardmanm and vicman but would also like to see some newcomers take up the mantle on new projects as there is a lot to preserve and still a lot of systems that do not have Gamebases.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 am

I'm working on a new Apple II gamebase which excludes Apple ii GS stuff from my last gamebase. This is to replace Apple2Mania which now looks very naff. Hope to get a release soon, it contains many manuals and Game Covers in full glory, and a lot of new games. So far it is over 2 and half GB in size.
Gamebase Developer
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm working on a "deluxe" version of the VIC20 Gamebase.
But because of new features, (video-clip for each game, new screenshots, 3d animated covers, etc. )
the release is maybe this year.......
I've finished video-clips, and new screenshots for Numbers, A and B......so :
There's still much to do.

btw.
you can watch the finished videos-clips already on my YouTube-Channel
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:55 pm

total reworking of the coco gamebase.
now has disk and tape games for coco 2 & 3.

i would also love to see more GameBases.

But i think emulation is the biggest stumbling block, and needs to be improved for some of the older systems.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks guys.

Vicman, did you know that Mayhem is working on new version of GB20? I remember him mentioning over on yakyak that he is waiting for the next release of Vice emulator before he completes and releases it. Just thought I'd mention it as there is bound to be different stuff in each version or may want to make it a joint effort?
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:50 am

OX wrote: Vicman, did you know that Mayhem is working on new version of GB20? I remember him mentioning over on yakyak that he is waiting for the next release of Vice emulator before he completes and releases it. Just thought I'd mention it as there is bound to be different stuff in each version or may want to make it a joint effort?
Hi OX,
yes i know he's working on a new release.
And i think his GB-VIC20 v0.3 will be finished much earlier then my.

And your're right. I do also think, we should work together in
next releases. (If he like my "features" / Ideas...) :wink:
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:00 pm

The next GB20 is likely to stay to the 1.2 version of the frontend. So anyone using 1.3 will have the database converted on first load. After that point, I might switch support to 1.3 of the frontend myself. Which means doing a whole bunch of work on the credits!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 pm

i am currently working on a DOS gamebase. It is a massive project and is still in its infancy. I will leave detailed information about the project in a new thread soon.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Has anyone taken up the Amiga GB since the unfortunate circumstances that brought it to a stop?

From the odd look here and there I think there's a fair few games still to go on it.

Marks A8 GB now has opportunities to expand if he ever has the time to return to it (there's only just bee a release) but with proper bas file loading its open to an easier update than before :)

Obviously I'm just throwing idea's about and not presupposing anything.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Re: Gamebase projects in development

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 pm

OX wrote:I'll start with GB TI99 which is currently in revision for a new version, I know there is other people out there doing stuff like .mad., hardmanm and vicman but would also like to see some newcomers take up the mantle on new projects as there is a lot to preserve and still a lot of systems that do not have Gamebases.
Maybe it would help to have a list of systems that could still use a gamebase. Possibly even as an alternative list to http://www.bu22.com/
As in one list of existing ones, and another of systems lacking one.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:31 pm

Paul Irvine wrote:Has anyone taken up the Amiga GB since the unfortunate circumstances that brought it to a stop?

From the odd look here and there I think there's a fair few games still to go on it.

Marks A8 GB now has opportunities to expand if he ever has the time to return to it (there's only just bee a release) but with proper bas file loading its open to an easier update than before :)

Obviously I'm just throwing idea's about and not presupposing anything.
Hi Paul, don't worry i'll start an update when i finish the Apple II one, which should be in a week or two. If you want to help, i'm looking for some of the SSI and Microprose game manuals for the 8bit machines, especially Apple and Atari.
Last edited by hardmanm on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamebase Developer
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Re: Gamebase projects in development

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:31 pm

Hidron wrote:
OX wrote:I'll start with GB TI99 which is currently in revision for a new version, I know there is other people out there doing stuff like .mad., hardmanm and vicman but would also like to see some newcomers take up the mantle on new projects as there is a lot to preserve and still a lot of systems that do not have Gamebases.
Maybe it would help to have a list of systems that could still use a gamebase. Possibly even as an alternative list to http://www.bu22.com/
As in one list of existing ones, and another of systems lacking one.
Well as a guide I list all the MESS emulation support and although most of the more popular UK & US systems have been covered by Gamebase were not even near half way to covering every system.

Imo, we really could use some new blood in creating gamebases. Gamebases are quite popular over on Underground gamer and in the emulation scene in general so I'm asking you gamebase users to invest some time in creating a new GB and give something back for all the D/L's you've had.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”